Acrylics, oils, water-colours or inks.
- I have used oil paints in this course.
- I have used a local South African Brand called Zellen as they have intense colour and high quality pigments. Also available in the UK.
- Any good brand of paints, student or artist quality, will be perfect!
A warm and cool of the three primaries: blue, red and yellow
- Lemon Yellow (cool)
- Yellow Ochre (warm)
- Magenta Red (cool)
- Cadmium Red (warm) or Naphthol Red (warm)
- Ultramarine Blue (warm)
- Phthalo Blue (cool)
- Paynes grey
- Titanium White
Canvas board, canvas pads, gesso on board, cardboard or whatever support suits your medium.
- The standard brush collection that you usually use. This is for some of the homework projects.
- 1 or 2 Palette knives. I like the triangular head with quite a sharp point for mixing.